Wednesday 3 March 2021

Giant Panda

LI: To use our smart searching skills to find information about the giant panda

Giant pandas live in the bamboo jungles of Western China in the Sichuan province. Pandas eat bamboo shoots, leafs and stem. The biggest threat to pandas is the Chinese people who believe that Pandas skin is a magical protection from evil spirits.

Our task was to make a DLO about Giant Pandas and use our smart searching skills to make notes about it. After using my smart searching skills to find out about the giant panda I made notes then used my notes to help me create this DLO about the Giant Pandas.

I found this activity easy but hard because I had to research and read to get the right information. I enjoyed this because I get to learn a bit more about pandas. Two interesting facts I found out about giant pandas is that adult pandas stand up to 150 cm and typically weigh around 80 to 150 kgs, and they live about 5000 feet in the remote mountain forest of central China

1 comment:

  1. Hi David
    You have found 5 very interesting facts about the Giant Panda. I think it's really interesting how they spend their whole day eating. I did not know that Chinese people believe that the Pandas skin is magical protection from evil spirits, it is very sad that this is one of the reasons they are endangered.
    Great work

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.