Thursday 8 April 2021

Words of Support - 5 minutes of Camp

Words of Encouragement

My legs were shaking like an earthquake, but then my left foot went on the first metal rung on the ladder, I felt the ladder shaking not having trust for that person who was holding the ladder. 

Then my right foot went on the second rung, my heart was beating like it was on a marathon, I said to myself “you can do it, nothing could stop you” that gave me the encouragement to pass the ladder to the metal rung.  

There was a great big gap to put my left foot on the rung, butterflies was in my stomach looping around like it was on a roller coaster, and then the words “ you can do it, nothing could stop you” came and now I had the encouragement to climb all the way to the top on the beam, I sighed for achievement and relieve. 

At this stage, I got the other rope but I also didn’t have the trust of the person holding the rope, I thought that I might fall or fly. I walked slowly then fast to the other pole because I wanted to finish it but I had to hug and say “ I love you to the pole” but I didn’t instead I said “goodbye”.  

I walked backwards until I walked sideways because I felt I might bump my head on the pole. Then I walked to the middle and said nothing. Then it becomes more risky because I had to lean back but the instructor wasn’t paying attention so I was dangling down when the instructor looked at me. Then they were pulling me down. I sigh of relief. This was an experience to remember.  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LI: To recount a 5 minute snapshot of one experience you had at camp.

Last week we went to camp at Kokako Lodge. My 5 minute snapshot shows my personal voice and I have tried hard to paint a picture with my words to describe what I was doing and how I felt.

I found this activity easy to getmy ideas but hard to write it.


1 comment:

  1. Hi David
    I like your recount it was really descriptive and I enjoyed reading it. Again could you put you "LI" above the DLO or recount? I also did this activity and I thought it was fun.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.