Tuesday 24 August 2021

List Poem

What is a million?


A million is the amount of things I am grateful for.

The total “Thank you”s I could give.

The number of times my cousin had annoyed me . 

The reasons why you are my friend.

The amount of times I’ve watched Mulan.

The number of things on my wishlist.

The amount of dollars I’d like to have

A million is the times my mother has told me “I love you”



For Writing we were learning about Poems. The Poem we were learning about today is called a List Poem. By the name it states that it is a poem that lists things you've done, or would like to do. This was really fun because the poem I did was called "What is a million", listing things I have or have done a million times. It was really fun doing this activity as I got to see what I have done in my lifetime, as well as appreciate what is around me. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi David
    I really enjoyed reading your list poem about what a Million is to you. I especially like the first and last lines, which made me think about the things and people in my life. You have painted a picture and I think lots of the things on your list poem can relate to many of us.
    Well Done

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora David, I really liked reading your poem. I like all the lines of positivity like how grateful you are or the amount of thank you's you can give but my favourite part of all is the amount of I love you's your mum gives you. I hope you return them to her so she has a million I love you's too.
    Keep up the good work David.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.