Monday 13 December 2021

Sunwoo - Vector Art


This was the first activity for the Summer Learning Journey, it was called Vector Art. Vector art is an art style that people use when they copy the original image. 

For this activity I picked the step it up activity, for my hero, I chose a Kpop Idol named Sunwoo, he is in a Kpop group called The Boyz. The reason I picked him is because he was the second person that got me into Kpop last year. 

I picked two quotes from Sunwoo, they are:

"Tomorrow exists so you can procrastinate"
"Keep your face towards the sun and shadows will fall behind you" 

For the first quote, it means that there will be one day, you can delay. The second quote, it means that if you look on the positive side, the negatives will keep on following you.

My top three tips are:

1. Match the colours to the original image by using this https://designs.ai/colors or make your own colours that match the image.

2. Draw the main things then start on your detail.

3. Group your drawings pieces as one.



9 comments:

  1. Kia ora David, Mr Walker here from the Kaikohekohe cluster, great job completing your SLJ Vector art activity! I like how you have included the original photo so we can see the difference. You have created some really great detail in your picture and I think the layout of your poster is really nicely done too. One tip from me to step you up even further would be to look at Sunwoo's face and notice the different shades of colour he has from the lighting. Drawing a shape around these and then adjusting the colour slightly lighter or darker can really add that extra level of detail, and helps make the picture look more three dimensional. Anyway keep up the great work! All the best for your Summer learning Journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora David!

    My name is Charlotte and I am from the Manaiakalani Summer Learning Journey team!

    Fantastic work creating this vector art of Sunwoo! Your poster is so detailed with a great layout! Your image of Sunwoo is very realistic- ka pai!

    You say that Sunwoo was the second person who got you into KPop last year. Who was the first?

    Thank you so much for including your top tips! That’s going to help out a lot of people! How long did it take for you to create this piece of art?

    Great work, David!

    Ngā mihi,
    Charlotte :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Charlotte,
      Thank you for the feedback.
      The first person who got me into Kpop is Bts Jungkook. What kpop group do you stan?

      The time to finish the artwork, I actually don't know, I didn't keep up with the time.

      Delete
  3. Mōrena David!

    BTS, of course! They are my favourite Kpop group actually! Do you have a favourite song?

    Wow, you must have been in the zone. As they say, time flies when you’re having fun!

    Have a go at today’s activities, David!

    Ngā mihi,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Charlotte,
      Oh really,my favorite song from BTS is Butter, what other kpop groups you stan?

      Delete
    2. Hi David!

      Hmm, I have to be honest, I don't really know any others. Do you have any recommendations?

      Also, have you seen the new activities on the Summer Learning Journey blog page? GO have a go at one of them! You can even listen to 'Butter' while you do them!

      Ngā mihi,
      Charlotte :)

      Delete
    3. Hi Charlotte,
      I would recommend listening to ASTRO, The Boyz, Enhypen.
      Yes iI have checked tit and i am doing my blogpost right now.

      Delete
    4. Hi David!

      Awesome, thank you for those recommendations!

      I'm looking forward to reading your blog post shortly!

      Ngā mihi nui,
      Charlotte :)

      Delete
    5. Hi Charlotte,
      My blog post is out now.
      Thank you for commenting and making a comment thread.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.