Wednesday 16 December 2020

Kowhaiwhai Pattern | SLJ

 For this activity I made my own kowhaiwhai pattern.

First we learnt about Tanerore. Tanerore is the son of Tama-nui-te-ra or the sun and is the personification of shimmering air as he performs a haka for his mother Hine-raumati.

We watched a video if we saw the wiriwiri. Then we watched a video about kowhaiwhai patterns. There were two choices to make. The first is to make the kowhaiwhai on a scrap piece of paper and the second was making the kowhaiwhai pattern digitally.


After watching the two video, we started making our kowhaiwhai pattern. In our kowhaiwhai pattern we had put colours that were related to summer or Tanerore.

I picked summer.  My kowhaiwhai pattern represents how the day starts or other words dawn.

Here is mine:

4 comments:

  1. Mingalabar David, this is Elle from the Summer Learning Journey.

    Thank you for uploading your kowhaiwhai pattern! I really like the colours that you’ve used. They are definitely very summery and remind me of a sunrise too, because of how they go from dark to light. You’ve done a great job at rotating the koru as well; they all fit together seamlessly!

    Well done for including what you learned and the process you went through to make your kowhaiwhai pattern. Why did you choose to do your pattern digitally instead of on paper?

    Great job and keep it up - I look forward to seeing your future blog posts!

    From Elle (SLJ)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elle,
    Thak you for your great feedback. I did it digitally because it is easier to do it. How do you know I am burmese?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mōrena David, you are most welcome and it is great to hear back from you.

      I knew you are Burmese because I read your “About Me 2020” before I commented so I could get to know you a little better! It is so cool to see that you enjoy art and painting; it definitely shows in your Kowhaiwhai artwork!

      I think doing your art digitally was a great idea in order to expand your learning! I’m glad that you found it easier. Do you think you would have done it differently if you had painted it or drawn it instead? Or would you have used the same colours?

      Well done for being so active in the Summer Learning Journey! It is so cool to see all of your activities.

      From Elle (SLJ)

      Delete
  3. Hi Elle,
    Oh, that's how youknow I was Burmese and thank you for your feedback. If I painted it would look amazing cause I am a good artist, and in the painting I will literally use the same colours. What was the purpose of this task?
    Talk to you later,
    David

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.