Tuesday 29 June 2021

Culture

LI:To edit our writing using DRAFT.

This week for writing  LS2  has been focusing on Abstract Noun Poems. Our abstract noun is about culture. An Abstract noun is something that exists but you cannot touch, an abstract noun also comes with metaphors and 5 senses. The 5 senses we use to make our poem powerful is using smell,taste,hear,feeling and see. Something that helped us write our abstract nouns  is using Metaphors , Simile , complex sentences , punctuation, complex sentences and word hippo.The poem starts with a definition of the abstract noun we've chosen and the next sentence starts with it is … using one of the senses.LS2 definition  or using DRAFT is Delete,Rearrange,Fix,Talk.


Something we found interesting is how the DRAFT System works.

Something we learnt is how the DRAFT system works.


6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora David!

    You have written an amazing poem about 'Culture'. I found the words that you used very interesting. I have made a abstract poem aswell but it's about imagination.

    What did you find hard about this task and why?

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Te Raumati,
      Thank you so much for the great feedback. For me the hardest thing was finding out and getting ideas from my head.

      How did you use the DRAFT system?

      Delete
    2. Greetings David,

      Thank you for replying back to my comment. I used the DRAFT system by talking with another group and reading our poems to each other to listen for mistakes we have to change.

      What part of DRAFT you found difficult to follow?

      Delete
    3. Hi Te Raumati,
      Thank you for replying back to my comment. For me the hardest part of DRAFT was Arrange because you have to make the whole poem sense.

      What is your favorite part of the DRAFT?

      Delete
    4. Hello David,

      Interest answer you had for my question. My favourite part of DRAFT is talk because when I read it out loud I could hear a mistake which helps me find what I need to change.

      What part of DRAFT you thought was the most useful and why?

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.