Friday 25 September 2020

Daily Routine Recount

This week we wrote a recount of our daily routine.

First, I chose a day of the week to write a recount on. I chose Saturday. Then we wrote down key phrases and words that relates to our daily routine such as: 'brush teeth' or 'eat breakfast: cereal or pancakes'.

Then we turned those key phrases and words into proper sentences using past tense. (words like woke, walked), first (words such as I, me, us, we) and the structure (TREE).

Next, we proof read our work to make sure our recount includes the title, a reveal, events, and an ending. There should be four paragraphs for the events, each paragraph telling what happened before school, at school, after school and after dinner.

I enjoyed this activity, and found it a bit hard to revise my daily Saturday routine because on a Saturday for me it is pretty busy. One thing I think I could work on when writing recounts is making it more interesting to read instead of giving simple sentences.

LI: to write a recount on one of the days of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.