Tuesday 15 December 2020

Fishy False Teeth | SLJ

For the third activity of the Summer learning Journey we completed a slide that was filled with Literacy activites.

Before going with activites, we read this article called Fishy False Tales. When we understand the text we completed a template that had questions about the text. These question were like what part were they in, what was the outcome and who are they.

Then, we watched a video about how a man lost his teeth by his friend. After watching the video, we created our own comic using the video and our own words.

I enjoyed this activity and I am looking forward for the future activities.

2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora David,

    My name is Zana and I am a blog commenter for the Summer Learning Journey, I am enjoying seeing all your posts and hope to see many more as the summer continues.

    I thought this activity was quite interesting as I enjoy reading comics but find it quite difficult to write them so seeing everyone's posts and how different they are is inspiring. I thought your comic was very well written, it followed the storyline of the original clip with your additional humor with the men laughing at his sneeze. Your word bubbles fit the images well and I think anyone could read and understand the storyline whether they had seen the original or not. I think this activity would be even better if you had added a voice over of you saying what is written in your comic.

    Keep up the great work and I hope to see more of your posts over the summer.

    Ngā mihi nui,
    Zana Yates

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Zana,
    Thanks for the feedback and your idea might work if I have time. What will you do with the comic strip?
    Talk to you later,
    David

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.