Wednesday 16 December 2020

What are you doing Today | SLJ

The Summer Learning Journey crew came up with an activity that expands people's Maori knowledge.

I completed this activity by listening to different audio recordings. Then, based on what I heard from the audio recordings, I then arranged different Maori words to fit into the sentences properly. I answered the question 'What are you doing today?' by saying 'I am going to ___' I filled in the blanks with Maori words.

I learnt how to say 'What are you doing today?' in Maori. To say 'What are you doing today?', it would be easier to start by slowly building an understanding of the words and then working on the pronounciation. 'What are you doing today?' in Maori is 'Kei te aha koe i tenei ra?'.

I found answering the question 'What are you doing today?' fun because I was able to expand my Maori vocabulary. I alse found listening to the audio and rearranging the words fun because I was able to build an understanding of where different Maori words go and why.

Something I found hard was listening to the audio because it wasn't very clear or loud. I was still able to complete this activity and I had a lot of fun with it.

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora David

    Ben here from the SLJ commenting team.


    Solid work on your te reo Māori activity!

    Looking back at the create section on the activity, it includes another component under create - to draw a picture of you and your whānau doing the activity you chose in slide five. It would be awesome if you could complete this part too, so I can give you some points!

    Here is an example of a cool drawing that Kayla has done, check out slide seven to have a look: http://oskaylamayg.blogspot.com/2020/12/te-reo-maori-summer-learning-jorney.html

    Keep up the good mahi e hoa!

    Mā te wā,
    Benjamin

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.