Monday 14 December 2020

Quality Commenting | SLJ

For the second activity of the first week of the Summer Learning Journey, we learnt about how to make a quality blog comment and how it can help us win by giving us bonus points. Commenting can help us make learning conversations and new learning. Comments also start a comment thread which helps us improve and encourage each other in a digital learning conversation. In a quality smart comment there has to be a greeting first. Then we usually have compliments about the post and just positivity towards it. We then have feedback to say but always in a positive way then followed up by a connection between you and the post. Lastly is a question related to the topic, and then a farewell. 



2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora David,

    My name is Zana and I am a blog commenter for the Summer Learning Journey, it is awesome to see you completing the activities for this first week and I hope to see more from you over the summer!

    I found this activity really fun as I liked seeing all the positive, thoughtful and helpful comments being left on everyone's blogs. I enjoyed your detailed description of the activity and why quality comments are important. I thought your comment was well written and the questions you asked were well related to the post and were asked in a way that would create a comment thread. When I am writing comments I like to relate the post to myself by sharing something I know about the topic like a fact or sharing a relevant experience.

    All comments that are positive, thoughtful or helpful will receive points. Remember to submit a link to your published comment using this form. .

    Keep up the great work and I hope to see more of your posts over the summer.

    Ngā mihi nui,
    Zana Yates

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Zana,
    Thanks for the good advise, I will do it during summer. How many points can you get during the SLJ?
    Talk to you later,
    David

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.